“just keep going” – Nicole Pozovsky from Swaabs on some of the challenges of being a younger practitioner in family law and strategies to overcome these
In this interview Nicole and I discuss:
- Nicole’s career history and what drew her to family law
- The challenges of family law in particular for younger practitioners
- Nicole’s tips for winning over the client’s confidence when you are a younger practitioner
- Challenges between practitioners for younger lawyers, i.e is there a 'reverse ageism' in the area against younger family lawyers?
- Nicole’s strategies for working with other practitioners who may have an unconscious bias against younger lawyers.
- Listening to the client’s concerns and emotional intelligence
- Taking charge of a matter and managing the pathway forward
- Thoughts on collegiate approaches in family law.
- Mentoring and helping the next wave of lawyers younger than you.
For more on Zoe Durand's book and work as a lawyer and mediator see www.mediationanswers.com.au